From Gordon Smith <gosm...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Falcon location
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2012 02:59:34 GMT
Hi, Justin.

To me that sounds like a kludge with little benefit and presumably worse performance than
either compiler by itself. I take it that you are unhappy with the decision to compile MXML
directly to ABC, for maximum performance, if it means losing -keep? If so, you could work
on a alternate compilation path for MXML in Falcon that involved either real or fake (i.e.,
not actually compiled) AS. What is the main problem that you use -keep to solve? Perhaps Falcon's
option that displays MXML syntax trees could be another solution for you.

- Gordon

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 14, 2012, at 6:26 PM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> Falcon right now is an ActionScript compiler with limited MXML support, so
>> right now you can't simply change the old compiler by the new one.
>
> Probably some reason to why we cant do this but couldn't we use the current compiler
to turn MXML into AS (-keep of top of head) and then use Falcon to compile that AS?