From Kiel <kiel.s.sinfu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting Mustella to work.
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 01:30:26 GMT
Greetings,

Thanks. That clears out a few things on Mustella.

The `Failed Timed out` on Mustella doesn't show up on the "results.txt".
1) Does this mean that there are _other_ "Failed" tests that doesn't
show up on the "results.txt"

So it would be a good practice to log it entirely.
     ./mini_run.sh tests/Application > applicationResult.txt

2) 'Reboot machine if there are fails on timeouts'
     Does this mean the swf timeout, step timeout or any kind of timeout?

     [Step Timeout]  - shows up on "results.txt"

[java] gumbo/components/RadioButton/properties/FxRadioButton_properties
FxRadioButton_select_icon Failed DispatchMouseClickEvent(body:step 1)
Timeout waiting for updateComplete from srg.s1

     [SWF Timeout] - doesn't show up on "results.txt"

[java]
/Users/aharui/Work/apache/flex/mustella/tests/mx/styles/AdvancedStyleClient/
SWFs/ADV_flex_component_global_main.swf  Failed Timed out

Regards,

On 8/30/2012 2:02 PM, Alex Harui wrote:
> Oops!  Hit send too soon.
>
>       [java]
> /Users/aharui/Work/apache/flex/mustella/tests/mx/styles/AdvancedStyleClient/
> SWFs/ADV_flex_component_global_main.swf  Failed Timed out
>
> You can see it just mentions the SWF, no actual test or test step.
>
> On 8/29/12 10:38 PM, "Alex Harui" <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:
>
>> Here's a SWF timeout:

>>> It depends on what kind of timeout.  Here is a step timeout from the console
>>> output:
>>>       [java] gumbo/components/RadioButton/properties/FxRadioButton_properties
>>> FxRadioButton_select_icon Failed DispatchMouseClickEvent(body:step 1)
>>> Timeout waiting for updateComplete from srg.s1
>>>
>>> It tells you what step number failed and what event it was waiting for.  I
>>> don't have a SWF timeout's output handy, but it does not tell you what step
>>> number failed.
>>>
>>> So far I've found a couple of reasons for SWF timeouts:
>>> 1) An uncaught exception is thrown.  In this case the stack trace is in the
>>> .log file for the SWF.
>>> 2) A really slow SWF.  Sometimes a SWF is creating tons of widgets up front
>>> and can't get output to the test engine in time.  Other times, the SWF
>>> doesn't have the correct fonts embedded and lots of warnings go into the log
>>> and that delays getting output to the test engine.

>>> There is a CheckEmbeddedFonts mixin, but it currently only works for MX
>>> components.  You can look at the log to see if warnings are going in there.
>>> I can tell generally because the fonts are Times New Roman in Spark if the
>>> font isn't embedded.  Or it will show up in the debug console when I run the
>>> SWF.

Wiki,