From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: Request for committer status
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 01:52:58 GMT
On 8/15/2012 9:12 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:
> It is not really considered proper to request committer status directly.

  All these different mores that we're still learning.  Why is it not
considered proper?

  Is it a problem that Gordon asked publicly?  Or a problem that he
asked at all?

  I would have guessed a lot of people get themselves nominated as
committers on Apache Projects by asking for it.  [Hopefully with a list
of reasons why they are worthy].

  To Gordon [et all] In most cases thus far; it seems that PPMC members
expect to see direct contributions to Apache Flex in order to vote
someone in.  However, we have been making exceptions for Adobe folk who
are working on specific 'large' Adobe related contributions.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur