From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: Becoming a committer
Date Sun, 12 Aug 2012 15:29:42 GMT
On 8/12/2012 11:02 AM, Erik de Bruin wrote:
>> There is no checklist.
>>
>> There are no guidelines we can provide you.
> So, basically, it is an arbitrary process one has no control over and
> no insight in with regard to status or progress? I can imagine that
> puts off a lot of people who might otherwise have made valuable
> contributions :-(

  Ideally you are submitting patches / making Changes to Apache Flex
because of one of these reasons:

1) You have run into a problem that you want/need fixed
2) You want Flex to succeed as an open source project.
  Personally, I suspect most people will fall into item Number 1.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur