From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: Becoming a committer
Date Sun, 12 Aug 2012 15:26:13 GMT
On 8/12/2012 10:45 AM, Erik de Bruin wrote:
>>> In all, can someone in the know clarify "who you have to kill to
>>> become a committer"?
>> It is up to the PPMC.
> Yes, that is how it is 'explained' in the documentation. But
> explaining WHO decides does not really answer the question: "how do I
> know if I'm ready to be considered, and, if not, how much of what does
> it take to be eligible for consideration?"
  I guess in theory you don't know when you're ready to be considered.
It is completely subjective.  You have to do enough work for a PPMC
member to notice and/or care.  In this case the "work" will most likely
be through submitting patches [or other code] through JIRA.

> To clarify: I, like many others (I imagine), have limited resources to
> donate to the project.
  It is the same for all the PPMC members.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur