From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: [POLL] Use Unstable Branch
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 15:39:15 GMT

  1

  [I've been following the thread w/o having a solution to offer; at
some point I guess we'll want to document what we consider releasable code]

On 8/8/2012 11:33 AM, Alex Harui wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I have proposed using an interim unstable branch for changes, reserving trunk for stuff
we’re sure we want to ship, and keeping trunk “ready-to-ship” at all times.  Others
(and other projects at Apache) prefer working directly in trunk.  I don’t think we have
the testing infrastructure and modularity to support that and keeping trunk “ready-to-ship”.
 Maybe we’ll get there someday.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur