From Keith Sutton <ke...@spoon.as>
Subject Re: [ROADMAP] Apache Flex Steering Survey - Squiggly and Gravity
Date Sun, 05 Aug 2012 16:36:03 GMT
Good on Squiggly Jude, Gravity below, can't find anything on Telemetry -
did this become Monocle?

On 8/5/2012 1:27 AM, jude wrote:
> Squiggly is an Action Script spell checking library for developers who work
> in Adobe® Flash® Professional, Adobe Flex® Builder™, or other IDEs that
> support ActionScript. The Squiggly package contains six .swc files – three
> of which integration convenience classes called SpellUI, one for Flex 3,
> another for Flex 4, and a third one for TLF. [0]
>
> I don't know what Gravity is either. Is it Telemetry? BTW What happened to
> Telemetry?
Gravity

"The ADEP Client Component Framework (codename Gravity) is an
ActionScript library that takes the concepts of OSGi and applies them to
ActionScript. It provides a module and/or plugin architecture in which
individual pieces can be added and removed seamlessly. The Gravity SDK
comes with the es-sdk package for Experience Services. The parts become
much more independent of each other allowing easier integration of
content from different teams or repurposing of existing content. It
makes it easier to have a library of parts that are put together as
needed for applications."
http://blogs.adobe.com/dekesmith/2011/10/17/deconstructing-experience-services-client-component-framework-gravity/

HelloGravity Sample Application:
http://blogs.adobe.com/gravity/2011/09/09/hellogravity-sample-application/

Video tutorials:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxLnnPm-84g&list=UU3x6nH-4vot_ipxZ7CBJutw&index=7&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn7R7W8QaIU&list=UU3x6nH-4vot_ipxZ7CBJutw&index=6&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTEVNudQLWk&list=UU3x6nH-4vot_ipxZ7CBJutw&index=5&feature=plcp

A similar framework is Potomac: http://www.potomacframework.org/
The Potomac Framework for Flex is:

     A modularity framework inspired by OSGi
     A UI composition framework that pulls user interface ‘parts’
together to form applications
     A general purpose business application framework (providing
reusable features for business applications)
     A dependency injection framework
     An extensible metadata processor with reflection support