From Keith Sutton <ke...@spoon.as>
Subject Re: [ROADMAP] Apache Flex Steering Survey
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 15:15:05 GMT
The survey/roadmap are definitely in line with your guidance and will
likely be called "Community Objectives and Priorities for Apache Flex"
and would be posted on the Spoon website. Although it cannot be binding
it does act as:
1) An expression of the community and their collective input to what
should be a objective/priority in the next 6 months (4.9/5.0 ?)
2) Feedback on the priorities of effort from Adobe (there was mention of
a 'delivery schedule', it would be good to expose that) as some elements
like Gravity may be of no interest and therefore not worth expending
limited resourses);
3) a vehicle to engage people in the project.

  - in the short term people who want to work on things can use it

On 8/3/2012 5:01 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>> ...There nothing saying we can't have roadmaps (AFAIK) and several other Apache projects
do have them.
>> For example http://subversion.apache.org/roadmap.html...
> Agreed - it''s just that such roadmaps can easily fail, if they're too
> ambitions, and people are disappointed.
>
>> ...We just need to be a little careful and make it clear that it's not a roadmap
in the traditional sense ie a list of