From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: [ROADMAP] Apache Flex Steering Survey
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2012 02:25:45 GMT
On 8/1/2012 8:22 PM, Alex Harui wrote:
> Keith,
>
> I appreciate the effort, and more data is welcome, but I don't think Apache
> projects have roadmaps or make commitments on what is going to be delivered
> next.  No consensus has to be reached on what will be worked on.  Folks are
> free to do what they want.
  Thanks for saying that. :-)  I think a lot of folks are having trouble
getting their head around the "no roadmap / do what you want" approach
of Apache.

  I can see, however, that this could be a good (or at least different)
way to collect information than the Jira bug base.  If a lot of people
are asking for "X" or "Y" it may motivate some people to work on "X" or
"Y".

> I also don't understand the items on the survey.  Automation, Samples
> Themes, FABridge and Flash Integration were all donated and are the 4.8
> release.  The MXMLC compiler code is as well.
  And in my own experience, FXG works just as well with Apache Flex 4.8
as it did with Adobe Flex 4.6 .
  I have no idea what "Gravity" is from that list.  I assume the code
name to some Adobe pre-release that I never heard of.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur