From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Please Talk to Infra about Git at Apache
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 01:47:03 GMT

On Aug 21, 2012, at 5:34 PM, Justin Mclean wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Curious to how this can be done (if there's no commit access):
> "Report the status on the ticket and wait for the (P)PMC to sign off on the migration
 and then remove the nocommit to enable commits to the repo."

> I would of though that part of the PMC sign off would include testing that you can commit
etc?

First, the PMC signs off that they want the work to convert from SVN to GIT to be done.

Second, Infra does the work to migrate.

Third, the PMC checks and confirms that the GIT is a proper copy of the SVN. This is the sign-off
mentioned. The detail needed depends on the history, etc.

Fourth, Infra makes the GIT archive read-write.

Fifth, if it is not possible to commit then it is a problem ... perhaps for a particular committer,
perhaps for all.

Regards,
Dave