From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Getting To Git (was Re: [MENTORS] Current Branching Strategy Vote Results)
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 08:24:23 GMT
Hi,

I raised several concerns but lets not go over that ground again.

We'll need to have some documentation on how it's going to work and what SVN commands we need
to use in each case. Anyone want to help out with this?

We have a few people who don't know both SNV and Git well and no one used Gitflow before (that
I know) so even some simple guidance/instructions is going to help everyone.

>> How do we share the local branches that would exist in git?
> That may be one thing we can't do, but I don't think that was in the
> diagram, but I'm also not familiar enough with Git to say for sure.

Most of the branches shown in the digram are local and only master and develop are central
in my understanding.

Thanks,
Justin