From "Yvon Sauvageau" <ysma...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Cross-compiling Flex to HTML5/Javascript (Was : Update on Falcon donation)
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2012 11:37:05 GMT
I was talking about this canvas: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canvas_element

I haven't seen FalconJS but from what I read, it looks like it plays with
the DOM. That's what GWT does. It's good for Google because they had nothing
to start with. For Flex, I say "forget about the DOM". Draw everything
directly into one single HTML Canvas element. So, the whole application is
in one canvas. I think this would simplify the mapping of the AS UI
constructs into HTML5, since it would entirely ignore the HTML constructs
(except for Canvas, but even that could be shielded from the coder).

Of course it would be nice to be able to interact with the rest of the HTML
page. But this could be done with ExternalInterface, or an enhanced version
of it.

Yvon

-----Original message-----
From: Michael Schmalle <apache@teotigraphix.com>
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Sent: Thu, Aug 30, 2012 10:17:15 GMT+00:00
Subject: RE: Cross-compiling Flex to HTML5/Javascript (Was : Update on
Falcon donation)

When I wrote this I was thinking the OP was talking about a Canvas IE
widget container, not a graphics container. Alex had mentioned it
would be a lot more work with accessibility etc, I agree.

I was just speaking about containing it, no ties to the outside world
in the beginning.

Mike

Quoting apache@teotigraphix.com:

--