From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Getting To Git (was Re: [MENTORS] Current Branching Strategy Vote Results)
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 09:20:29 GMT
Hi,

> Please read the following article that is the the core of the development
> model selected:
> nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model
I have but I'm unsure of exactly how to apply it in SVN. Hence my questions.

> the branch "develop" should be the place to work and the one of wich we
> could extract nightly builds because it should be stable over time (each
> feature merged with develop should be stable making develop stable as well).
So each new change would need to work in a feature branch and then merged into develop? How/when
is it decided to merge into develop? Can I do that or do I need to involve other people? For
"simple" changes do we just commit straight in develop?

Thanks,
Justin