From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject New namespaces and Flash Builder issues
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2012 08:41:19 GMT
Hi,

As suggested in another thread I thought I'd try replacing the existing Adode namespaces with
Apache namespaces to see what would happen.

It's easy enough to add them to the flex-config.xml like so, pointing to the existing manifest
files:

         <namespace>
            <uri>http://flex.apache.org/mxml/2009/ns</uri>
            <manifest>mxml-2009-manifest.xml</manifest>
         </namespace>
         <namespace>
            <uri>http://flex.apache.org/spark/ns</uri>
            <manifest>spark-manifest.xml</manifest>
         </namespace>
         <namespace>
            <uri>http://flex.apache.org/mx/ns</uri>
            <manifest>mx-manifest.xml</manifest>
         </namespace>
         <namespace>
            <uri>http://flex.apache.org/mxml/ns</uri>
            <manifest>mxml-manifest.xml</manifest>
         </namespace>

And create a project like so:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<s:Application xmlns:fx="http://flex.apache.org/mxml/2009/ns"
		xmlns:s="http://flex.apache.org/spark/ns"
		xmlns:mx="http://flex.apache.org/mx/ns">
	<s:Label text="hello" />
</s:Application>

But you get this error:
"Unable to resolve MXML language version. Please specify the language namespace on the root
document tag."

Adding a namespace like this removes the error:
xmlns:oldfx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"

But is obviously hardly ideal.

Worse off FlashBuilder component name completion seems broken as if you type s: you get a
list of components starting with "s1:" not "s:" even though there is no s1 namespace.

So it looks like the existing names spaces are hard coded into Flash Builder in some way which
is unfortunate to say the least.

Thanks,
Justin