From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject RE: Cross-compiling Flex to HTML5/Javascript (Was : Update on Falcon donation)
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2012 14:48:59 GMT
Quoting "Michael A. Labriola" <labriola@digitalprimates.net>:

> It's not that HTML is less extensible, I used to think that too.
> It's that HTML enforces a separation between form and function that
> we tried to consider with Spark, but didn't make it far enough.
> Having solid AS to JS support would make ActionScript a very
> relevant language outside of Flash Player.

I agree with this 100%, I have written a couple blog posts about this
and I think I said something along the same lines "ActionScript a very
relevant language outside of Flash Player".

I also agree that there just needs to be a goal and understanding, no majic.

--
Michael Schmalle - Teoti Graphix, LLC
http://www.teotigraphix.com