From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Discuss: Branching Strategy and SCM
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 05:22:05 GMT
Hi,

> That would be the 3rd options:
> 7. Git Branching Model (see Description 3) on SVN
> 8. Git Branching Model on SVN now and then on Git (see Note 1)
> 9. Git Branching Model on Git now (see Note 2)

I know  my view is different to some others on the list but this is basically my reasoning
re above options:
- Git's has only experimental support by Apache that sounds risky so that's option 9 out for
me.
- I'm not sure that the process would work as described for SVN (Git does branching better)
so that's options 7 + 8 out.

It certainly not about Git vs SVN I have no issue working with either and Git does have some
clear advantages in general.

Also the vote added this to the above options - "The release manager can choose to branch
from an older revision and cherry-pick or branch from the head and remove/block certain revisions."
Which I have concerns about as it's not quite how I saw the process as described in the URL.

Thanks,
Justin