From "Edward J. Apostol" ...@edapostol.com>
Subject RE: [OT] Introduction and some quick questions
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 20:39:14 GMT
Thanks again Om for your answers. It is greatly appreciated!

I'll mention these in our discussion.

Regards,

Edward J. Apostol
Consultant & Instructor - Web, RIAs and Mobile
Toronto, ON Canada
E: ed@edapostol.com
Twitter: @edwardjapostol
Web: www.about.me/edwardapostol

> If anyone has comments on the other questions as well that would be great!
>

> 3)      I've seen some threads here regarding unit testing - is there
going

> to be some support or foundation for using Apache Flex with FlexUnit
> or other unit testing systems?
>
> Michael Labriola - the father of FlexUnit ;) has mentioned on this
> list
that he will be donating FlexUnit to Apache Flex soon.   You can see this
discussion for more details:
http://markmail.org/thread/477zkj3bmmk2a33d

> 4)      What is currently being worked on in terms of feature support that
>
> for example the Flash Player has that Apache Flex has yet to implement?
>
> video for example? Components?

I haven't seen any relevant discussions on the list about this.

> 5)      (Last one for now) I'll be using Andrew Tryce's example to
showcase

> functional Flex 4.8 demos. I also have older demos to illustrate basic
> functionality (from Flex 4.5). Are there any other demos that can be
> used to illustrate anything unique about the 4.8 build that can be
> used for demonstration purposes?

Apache Flex 4.8 is a parity release, i.e. it is exactly the same as Adobe
Flex 4.6.  So, there are no new features.  The user community will hopefully
proactively switch to Apache Flex 4.8 and make sure that nothing broke when
the codebase was transferred from Adobe to Apache.