From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flex 4.8.0 - RC3 - build number 1359417 (and Flex has been trademark signed off by Adobe for donation to Apache)
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2012 19:07:52 GMT

On Jul 13, 2012, at 9:14 AM, Alex Harui wrote:

> On 7/13/12 7:36 AM, "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> 2) I don't think my question about how
>> ./frameworks/projects/flash-integration/FLA/ContentHolder.fla can be
>> proven harmless [1] has been answered.
> You can open the file using Adobe Flash Pro as it is a project/source file.
>
> In general, how does any project provide examples and libraries intended for
> other applications?  Can Apache Open Office provide a MS Word .DOC file to
> show that it can be handled by AOO?

AOO provides *.doc files in several test directories within its source release. No one has
told us (with my AOO PPMC hat) that is wrong. They are all clearly test files.

Apache POI does the same as well. Again these are in clear test-data directories (with Apache
POI PMC hat).

In both projects the *.doc files are optional and used for testing.

Quoting Bertrand - "If there's a reasonable way to
validate that particular fla, and it's only optional and not required
to use Apache Flex anyway, it can probably stay in the release IMO,
but Incubator PMC members might think differently."

Is there a reasonable way to for a user to validate this FLA?

Regards,
Dave