From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [MENTOR] next step(s) for Release Candidate
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2012 23:43:30 GMT
On Jul 13, 2012, at 3:36 PM, Alex Harui wrote:

> On 7/13/12 3:12 PM, "Greg Reddin" <gredbug@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> FYI. I'm sorry but life has not panned out for me this week. If I don't get
>> around to voting on the release this weekend please don't let me be a
>> roadblock.
>>
> Well, we'll try, but maybe you can provide some advice on the next step.
> From my understanding of the rules, we can close the vote and then ask on
> general@i.a.o to be released.  They will want 3 +1 votes from IPMC members.
> We have Bertrand and Dave Fisher's vote, so we will need to hope for some
> other IPMC member to vote.
>
> Or we can wait for you or Anne Kathrine Petteroe (who seems to have
> disappeared - no emails since late January) to vote before closing our vote
> and approaching the IPMC.  Then we have the 3 IPMC votes in hand going in.
>
> Thoughts?

general@incubator.apache.org often gets quiet over the weekend. I'd give it until Monday or
Sunday night before pushing the results and further vote over there.

If there are only two +1 from the IPMC then be patient waiting for the 3rd vote from general@incubator.apache.org.

Note the release votes are public and on general while PPMC/Committers votes are private and
forwarded to the private IPMC list.

Regards,
Dave