From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: What namespace should new components go in?
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 14:14:39 GMT
Hi,

> That would mean that each time we release with some additional components we would end
up adding a new namespace (i.e we'd have got a new namespace for a spark DataGrid)
Nor am I suggesting one namespace per new component added. I was just suggesting one new namespace
to add new components to. Yes in some cases it may make more sense to add new components to
the existing spark or mx namespace. The postccode formatter/validator classes are not quite
mx and not quite spark so it's a little difficult to know where to add them if we didn't add
a new namesapce.

> That said I think it was insane that Adobe threw all ui components into a single "component"
package with the introduction of spark instead of keeping the "container", "control" packing
used in mx, with the extremely lame excuse that it was difficult to distinguish the difference
between containers and controls in spark.
+1 to that. We might be able to change that via adding duplicate packages via manifest files
(I think not tired). Along the same lines as mx:Rect/s:Rect?

Thanks,
Justin