From Peter Ent <p...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Build instruction for Apache Flex
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2012 13:18:12 GMT
At the moment it is more word-of-mouth. The README in the SDK is more
about command-line compilation rather than integration with any IDE. Flash
Builder is an Adobe product vs. Apache Flex. We're still in the throes of
getting the project into the public domain and squaring away the issues.

One of the benefits of being in Apache is that anyone can write up the
instructions and I'm sure we'll see several different versions. I, for
example, published to this email thread just late last week a set of
instructions which I based on someone else's work
(http://lucamezzalira.com/2012/07/24/how-to-install-flex-4-8-0-sdk-in-flash
-builder/). I don't know if it is proper or not to put onto the Apache
Flex wiki instructions for Flash Builder or any other commercially
available 3rd party product (I'm still too new with Apache, I'm afraid).

However, I will look at all of the instructions I can find and try to make
something comprehensive; not sure where it will got posted yet.

Peter Ent
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems