From Carol Frampton <cfram...@adobe.com>
Subject [MENTOR] distributing the InstallApacheFlex app
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 21:12:33 GMT
Mentors,

As you probably know by now, Om has written an Adobe AIR app that downloads the Apache Flex
binary kit, as well as the other dependencies, and combines them into a single directory structure,
similar to the one used by Adobe Flex.  This is what the Flex IDEs are expecting.  While this
app is very handy, it is not required.

The code is now checked into https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/flex/utilities/InstallApacheFlex
which is separate from the rest of the Flex code.  The code is all source, with the exception
of this directory, https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/flex/utilities/InstallApacheFlex/badge.
swfobject.js, with an MPL1.1 license, and expressInstall.swf, with an Adobe license which
allows redistribution, are available as downloads.  I'm not sure how the swf was created but
I presume with some combination of the files with the same name.

I have two questions:
1.  Are we allowed to have binary code in the Apache repository?
2.  Are we allowed to distribute the AIR apps (one for Windows and one for OSX) in our binaries
directory (or sub-directory)?

Carol