From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: next release 4.9 or 4.8.1?
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 19:37:35 GMT

On 7/24/12 11:46 AM, "Omar Gonzalez" <omarg.developer@gmail.com> wrote:

> I generally agree with most of the comments.
>
> The only thing I think doesn't sounds like a good idea is the odd/even to
> denote stable/unstable releases. I'd prefer the 5.0.alpha type of
> versioning so it is absolutely obvious to devs that the branch is not
> production ready as opposed to having to know that there is a difference
> between odd and even numbers.
I think there is version checking code that expects a number instead of a
word, but we can probably find and fix those, I suppose.

I still like the idea of having a "working" or "unstable" branch that most
of us work in and only good stuff in there gets promoted to trunk.  Brand
new stuff you can put in your whiteboard until it starts to feel ok.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team