incubator-flex-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Carol Frampton <>
Subject Re: InstallApacheFlex - TODO
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2012 20:58:32 GMT
One more thing I just noticed since I actually used the generated SDK to
try to reproduce a bug which just came in.

On the Mac, the binary files from the SDK have lost their execute mode.
The binary files from the AIR SDK did not.  I suspect it is because you
are using unzip for the Flex SDK and untar for the AIR SDK.
This means, for example, that you can't execute mxmlc from the command


On 7/20/12 2 :34PM, "Om" <> wrote:
>Here are the outstanding items for the installer.  In the interest of
>it would be great if folks pick items from this list and get it done.
>1.  Build auto-update mechanism (Om + Carol)
>I would like help with these items:
>2.  Use closer.cgi to automatically pick a download mirror.   The app must
>somehow get the preferred mirror url.  The closer.cgi,  ex:
>a html which contains a link to a preferred mirror.  We should
>probably parse the html in the app to grab the preferred url?  Anyone
>of a better approach?  The documentation is here:
>3.  Signing the binaries the Apache way.  I was hoping to learn the
>process, but if Carol can do it for this release, that would be great.  In
>any case, I dont have access to a Mac, and I dont think I should be
>artifacts that I personally did not generate.
>4.  The installer app needs to programatically verify the downloaded flex
>binaries' signatures.  I have very little experience with crypto
>algorithms.  Can someone take this up?  Even if someone can explain the
>steps to do this, I can get it done.
>5.  Signing the binaries the Adobe AIR way.  This process will allow us to
>have Apache Flex (or ASF) as the publisher ID in the installer.  This
>the installer app look more reliable for end users.
>I am engaged in a discussion about this process in the @infra-dev list.  I
>am not sure when this might be set up for us.  I dont think we can afford
>to delay the release of the app for this feature.  Or should we wait?

View raw message