From Alex Harui <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flex 4.8.0 - RC3 - build number 1359417 (and Flex has been trademark signed off by Adobe for donation to Apache)
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2012 20:16:48 GMT

On 7/13/12 1:02 PM, "Dave Fisher" <> wrote:

> OK. Should this be part of Om's InstallApacheFlex utility. If it becomes a
> problem for someone on the IPMC then we can download it on demand like other
> components.
All other options in Om's tool are about things not owned by Apache Flex.
Apache Flex owns this FLA.  The FLA is put into an add-on/plug-in for Flash
Pro by the build script.

I can imagine a future where we want to provide examples/templates for other
graphical tools to supply components and assets to Flex, like PhotoShop,
Illustrator and potentially other non-Adobe drawing tools.  Yes, we could
have these as extras outside the source distribution, but I would want them
to be in the main distribution so folks don't have to go through a second
step to get them.

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems, Inc.