incubator-flex-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Carol Frampton <>
Subject Re: [MENTOR] next step(s) for Release Candidate
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 20:48:46 GMT
The vote for RC3 has been open since Monday, July 9, 2012 7 :52PM (EDT)
[1].  More than 72 hours have passed and the binding votes total 3 or
more.  Technically I believe the vote can close this evening but I'd like
to get input from as many people as I can.



On 7/12/12 4 :34PM, "Igor Costa" <> wrote:

>I think we need a time frame of 4 days to make a stand and vote for RC.
>Right now I'm not able to vote because I didn't test last release.
>As soon as we get approval by 50% of votes from mentors and contributors
>can ship the release.
>Let's wait next 4 days to see what's happen on that time frame.
>Igor Costa
>On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 5:24 PM, Carol Frampton <>
>> Hi,
>> Unless I hear of any show-stopper issues by tomorrow AM I think we can
>> close the vote on the RC.  None of the mentors have voted for this RC
>>but I
>> don't think that is required.
>> I believe the next step is this:
>> It is Apache policy that all releases be formally approved by the
>> responsible PMC. In the case of the incubator, the IPMC must approve all
>> releases. That means there is an additional bit of voting that the
>> manager must now oversee on general@incubator in order to gain that
>> approval. The release manager must inform general@incubator that the
>> has passed on the project's development list, and should indicate any
>> votes gained during that process. A new vote on the release candidate
>> artifacts must now be held on general@incubator to seek majority
>> consensus from the IPMC. Previous IPMC votes issued on the project's
>> development list count towards that goal.
>> Am I correct?  Is there anything else we should be doing?
>> thanks,
>> Carol

View raw message