From Carol Frampton <cfram...@adobe.com>
Subject [MENTOR] next step(s) for Release Candidate
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 20:24:03 GMT
Hi,

Unless I hear of any show-stopper issues by tomorrow AM I think we can close the vote on the
RC.  None of the mentors have voted for this RC but I don't think that is required.

I believe the next step is this:

It is Apache policy that all releases be formally approved by the responsible PMC. In the
case of the incubator, the IPMC must approve all releases. That means there is an additional
bit of voting that the release manager must now oversee on general@incubator in order to gain
that approval. The release manager must inform general@incubator that the vote has passed
on the project's development list, and should indicate any IPMC votes gained during that process.
A new vote on the release candidate artifacts must now be held on general@incubator to seek
majority consensus from the IPMC. Previous IPMC votes issued on the project's development
list count towards that goal.

Am I correct?  Is there anything else we should be doing?

thanks,
Carol