From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject [MENTORS] OSI CPL License
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 20:44:35 GMT
Hi Mentors,

This is not as high priority as Carol’s release-related questions, but I want to ask it
now before I forget.

The Falcon compiler currently has a dependency on a library that is licensed under OSI CPL
[1].  It does not appear to be listed as compatible here [2], but I see several Apache projects
using Junit for testing which is also under CPL.  However, a key difference would be that
Falcon’s CPL dependency is for a required component, not for optional tests.

[1] http://www.opensource.org/licenses/cpl1.0
[2] http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html
--
Alex Harui