From Justin Mclean <>
Subject Re: InstallApacheFlex badge installer - first look
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 23:20:34 GMT

> (1) No DISCLAIMER - no mention that Apache Flex is an effort undergoing Incubation at
the Apache Software Foundation.
Well it is included in the DISCLAMER file that is downloaded as part of the process. Perhaps
just display this disclaimer on start up of the installer? Or in the badge a JS popup with
"OK" - too ugly perhaps?

> (3) Adobe is larger than Apache and the Incubator is not mentioned an Incubator logo
would sense.
Change "For Adobe Flash Builder" to "Incubating IDE Packager"? The packager should (in theory)
work for any IDE. Or add another line of text (under download button) along the lines of
"Apache Flex is an ASF incubator project".

> (4) There needs to be proper trademark attribution to the ASF and others (or Adobe)
Perhaps add an alt tag on the badge:
"Apache Flex 4.8 SDK IDE Packager. Apache, Apache Flex, Flex and the Flex logo are trademarks
of the Apache Software Foundation."

I'm not sure of the status of the new Flex logo. It was donated to Apache but I's assume it's
not been trademarked yet?

View raw message