From Nicholas Kwiatkowski <nicho...@spoon.as>
Subject Re: www.apache.org/dist/incubator/flex and the release download page
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2012 04:28:26 GMT
Reply Inline :

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 12:18 AM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>wrote:

> Hi Nick,
>
> > The page has been posted on the staging server.  If we could get a few
> > people to take a peek at it to make sure it looks right, that would be
> > great.  A few confirmations, and I will publish it to production.
> >
> > http://flex.staging.apache.org/flex/download.html
>

> 1. I'd add a big "Please read the release notes"! People wont but may stop
> a couple of questions to the list :-)

Done.  Bold is as much as I can do without doing much with the CSS

> 2. Some of the mirror links are not working yet. I assume because it's not
> propagated to those mirrors yet. The top file link worked fine in all cases.

According to the CGI script, some sites may take as long as 24 hours.  In
my own testing, 3 hours in, about half the sites now have all the files.

> 3. Add a warning that it won't compile of Java 1.7 (yet).

done.

> 4. Perhaps instructions on where to place OSMF and TLF?

Do you want to supply this verbiage for me?  In all honesty, I've
been relying on the ant scripts to do it for me :P

-Nick