From Om <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Odd undefined property via reference to static type compilation error
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 19:05:01 GMT
FWIW, I ran the compiled code through a decompiler and this is how the same
code gets converted as:

*Source*:

package
{
    public class A
    {

        public var minHeight:Number = 9;
        public var minHeight2:Number = minHeight;

    }
}

*After decompilation*:

package
{
        public class A
        {
                public function A()
                {
                        this.minHeight2 = this.minHeight;
                }
                public var minHeight2:Number;
                public var minHeight:Number = 9;
        }
}

Next, I tried this (compiles fine):

*Source:*

package
{
    public class A
    {

        public var minHeight:Number = 9;
        public var minHeight2:Number = this["minHeight"];

    }
}

*After decompilation:*

package
{
        public class A
        {
                public function A()
                {
                        this.minHeight2 = this['minHeight'];
                }
                public var minHeight2:Number;
                public var minHeight:Number = 9;
        }
}

Not sure if we learned something here, but it just makes it more
interesting :-)

Om