From Om <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: updating ApacheFlexSDK URL in Om's installer
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 17:36:24 GMT
On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 10:02 AM, Erik de Bruin <erik@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I might be able to help with this. Can you host PHP (which is the
> language I'm most familiar with)?
>
> I can call the 'closer-cgi' (whatever that is, I'd have to read up a
> bit on the intended functionality) from PHP and return the config XML.
>
> I can create a patch for the app as well, allowing it to handle the
> call to the web service instead of reading the config XML from local
> system.
>
> EdB

Erik,

That would be awesome!  Here is some documentation regarding this:
http://www.apache.org/dev/mirrors.html
http://www.apache.org/dev/release-download-pages.html

Here is config file that the installer app loads:
http://people.apache.org/~bigosmallm/installapacheflex/ApacheFlexConfig.xml

In this xml, the element: <file name="ApacheFlexSDK" path="
http://people.apache.org/~cframpton/ApacheFlexRC/release_candidate_3/binaries/"
file="apache-flex-sdk-4.8.0-incubating-bin.zip"/>

needs to updated dynamically with the 'preferred mirror' url from the
closer.cgi script.

I hope this info is sufficient for you to start.  You might want to jump on
to infrastructure-dev@apache.org (public list) if you need expert advice.

Thanks for volunteering :-)

Om