From Om <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: InstallApacheFlex - Optional components
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 04:17:02 GMT
Actually, the problem is even worse than I thought.

Apache Flex Bin zip file = ~65 MB
Adobe Flex Bin zip file =  ~336 MB

Since we are unzipping the files in actionscript, ADL's memory footprint is
ballooning up to more than 1+ GB.  This is causing the unzipping to crash
with a "Error #1000: The system is out of memory." error.

Even though my computer has 8 Gigs of RAM, ADL has an limit of around 1GB
per app.  So, this is expected behavior.

I really wish we dint have to download the Adobe Flex 4.6 zip file at all.
The other option is to ship 7-Zip along with the app and use it instead of
FZip.  I am not sure if memory used by a NativeProcess counts towards the
ADL memory limit.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Om