From Om <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Leveraging HTML5 functionalities
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 20:46:51 GMT
On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 12:40 AM, Joan Llenas Masó <joan@garnet.io> wrote:

> I like the idea of leveraging HTML5,
> I'm not sure whether it should be part of the SDK though..
> It sounds more like a good 3rd party library to me.
> Which makes me wonder whether we need to create some sort of "official Flex
> SDK extensions" to make room for all these really nice to have additions.
>
> Cheers!

If I may ask, why do you think it should not be part of the SDK?  If we can
provide a robust abstraction layer - for ex. IndexedDB for browsers/SQLLite
for AIR, I think that would be a fantastic addition to Flex.  Or at least
provide a least common denominator like storing and retrieving just
key/value pairs.  Imagine writing applications using Flex and being able to
write to a local database without having to worry about the underlying
technology/platform.  I am pretty sure that would be a very welcome feature
for our end users.

Anyways, I dont think I have a very strong argument because I dont have any
code to show right now.  Let me build the APIs and post it withe code
samples first :-)

Thanks,
Om