From Roland Zwaga <rol...@stackandheap.com>
Subject Re: AFI works like a charm, build works fine, getting a runtime error though...
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 11:46:04 GMT
Ehm, yes, but the RSLs in my use case are on the filesystem, just
regular SWFs, it has nothing to do with the Adobe signed ones.
The signed RSL issue has already been discussed on the list, and the
reality will just be that signed RSLs will not exist for Apache Flex.

But, like I say, I'm just loading these SWFs from the local file
system into an AIR application and I get verify errors...

>    That could be an issue in the future if that's the case.  Currently the signed Adobe
RSL's get stored in the "Application Data\Adobe\Flash Player\AssetCache" folder and not the
users stock internet cache.  It keeps roughly 20mb of space available for these RSL.  Meaning
it does not need to keep downloading the same RSLs all the time.  It just references the asset
cache.

>    So I can see RSLs being downloaded more often per user, due to cache clearing / auto
size limitation clean up.  Not to mention it's nice to save a couple megs of server bandwidth
per user by having the RSLs pulled from Adobe vs. your hosted server.  I'm assuming Adobe
would not allow signed Apache RSLs to be stored in the players asset cache.