From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: What namespace should new components go in?
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 22:52:01 GMT
Hi,

> The PostCodeValidator implementation extends the mx validator and the PostCodeFormatter
extends the mx validator.
Sure but the functionally is more spark validator like with their locale support.

So far option 2 (new namespace) was the most popular option. Any suggestions on how to resolve
this?

> Moving the components out of "components" and into "containers" & "controls" could
again be a bit of a headache for those that have used them in AS (find and replace would do
the job again though). By updating the manifest, there wouldn't be any mxml namespace issue.
Is it possible that we can make a component have 2 packages via the manifest files?

> We in agreement that changing the URI for the namespaces to remove 'adobe' would also
be good. maybe we could provide a simple AIR tool that performs the find and replace on a
codebase for both the URI, and spark container/controls packages.

I think we need to think very carefully about anything that breaks backwards compatibility
for users of the SDK and if it does provide a very clear path on how to update. There's lot
of useful code on blogs, in books, training material etc etc having that no longer work would
cause a few of issues.

Justin