From "Kenneth Sutherland" <kenn...@kennethsutherland.com>
Subject Re: Thank you Om | Apache Flex Installer
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 09:23:48 GMT
Good point on point 2! I forgot all about "run as admin"...  I just
installed to a non protected directory.  Tool works great btw.

-----Original Message-----
From: Flexicious
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 10:20 AM
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Thank you Om | Apache Flex Installer

Om: Thank you for your work on the Apache Flex Installer. I was able to
download and run the installer and get the SDK working on my Flash Builder.

Two suggestions:

1)       On the home page (http://incubator.apache.org/flex/index.html)
under community work, point #1, instead of going to git hub
(https://github.com/bigosmallm/MakeApacheFlexForFlashBuilder ) it would be
helpful if it directly went to the installer
(http://people.apache.org/~bigosmallm/installapacheflex/) since most people
are just going to want to install the tool.

2)       This is probably me being dumb, but I think a little piece of text
on http://people.apache.org/~bigosmallm/installapacheflex/ asking folks to
"Run As Administrator" on Windows 7 boxes will be helpful. It just got stuck
on "Installation Aborted" until I realized the folly of my ways!

Other than that, this is excellent work. This is even better than the old
Adobe way of installing an SDK!!

I just compiled all our stuff and ran our demo and it seems to be working
flawlessly. We are going to be running through our test suites over the next
few days and I will revert if we find any regression issues. Kudos to the
community for making this release a reality.

Sincerely,

Shon Fernandez

Flexicious LLC

Flexicious - The MUST have Flex DataGrid

Follow us on Twitter <http://twitter.com/Flexicious>  | Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Flexicious/110398925665144>

http://www.flexicious.com <http://www.flexicious.com/>

info@flexicious.com