From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [MENTORS] OSI CPL License
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2012 20:34:09 GMT

On Jul 12, 2012, at 1:44 PM, Alex Harui wrote:

> Hi Mentors,
>
> This is not as high priority as Carol’s release-related questions, but I want to ask
it now before I forget.

> The Falcon compiler currently has a dependency on a library that is licensed under OSI
CPL [1].  It does not appear to be listed as compatible here [2], but I see several Apache
projects using Junit for testing which is also under CPL.  However, a key difference would
be that Falcon’s CPL dependency is for a required component, not for optional tests.

How is this one different from the two MPL 1.1 parts? Those seem to be "required".

It helps to discuss concrete cases. What is the library?

I'm guessing, but have you looked into the Apache Portable Runtime?[3]

Regards,
Dave

[3] http://apr.apache.org/