From Tink <f...@tink.ws>
Subject Re: [Discuss] [VOTE] Release Apache Flex 4.8.0
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 23:37:24 GMT

On 3 Jul 2012, at 06:31, Alex Harui wrote:

> Let's hope more folks find time to beat this thing up a bit.  I'm pretty
> sure the code paths are the same, but it is things like copylocales or IOS
> deployment that are more likely to have mistakes because we had to change
> where the pieces are coming from.
>
> --
> Alex Harui
> Flex SDK Team
> Adobe Systems, Inc.
> http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui

I'm so naff at this kind of stuff, so might require a bit of hand holding ;)

Once thing I found confusing was that in README it states

"On the Mac, set ADOBE_EXTENSION_MANAGER to the absolute path of "Adobe Extension Manager
CS5.app"

yet in env-template.properties it states

0n Mac, if installed to the default location, the setting would be
#   env.ADOBE_EXTENSION_MANAGER=/Applications/Adobe Extension Manager CS5/Adobe Extension
Manager CS5.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Extension Manager CS5

I presume it's the later, as I just got a successful build using that path.

I also forgot to rename 'env-template.properties' to 'env.properties', but still got a successful
build? After renaming it skips all the downloads and also tells me that the build was successful.

Tink