From "Guthmann, Scott" <sguthm...@on3solutions.com>
Subject [OT] Downloading, Compiling and submitting patches with Apache Flex and IntelliJ
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2012 17:15:14 GMT
> Hey Everybody!
> I created a "short" screencast that goes through the current process of downloading the
current SVN trunk, compiling, and submitting patches to the Apache Flex SDK by using Jetbrain's
IntelliJ IDE.  I'm in the process of doing another that is using Flash
> Builder.  I would appreciate your comments or critiques of it.
> http://youtu.be/5COE3hYqCJk?hd=1
> If you have any interest in becoming a committer to the project, please pay attention
to it -- I do talk about the steps necessary to submit patches to JIRA, which at this point
is the key to becoming a committer.
> Thanks!
>  -Nick Kwiatkowski
>  Apache Flex PPMC Member

Nick - your screencast is fantastic! Nice job!

We shouldn't keep this content to ourselves. This is a marketing opportunity for the ApacheFlex
community to recruit more help / interest in the project and generate executive interest in
Apache Flex once again.

Will you please promote this content currently to your social networks and your Apache Flex
User communities?

Tweet: Compiling and Contributing to @ApacheFlex with IntelliJ by @quetwo http://youtu.be/5COE3hYqCJk?hd=1
Share if you dare (RT)!

Facebook: Learn how to Compile the Apache Flex 4.8.0 SDK and how to contribute back to the
project. This video shows how to check out the code from the Apache SVN into IntelliJ, compile
the entire project, and submit a patch back to fix a bug or close an issue http://youtu.be/5COE3hYqCJk?hd=1

Linkedin: Learn how to Compile the Apache Flex 4.8.0 SDK and how to contribute back to the
project. This video shows how to check out the code from the Apache SVN into IntelliJ, compile
the entire project, and submit a patch back to fix a bug or close an issue http://youtu.be/5COE3hYqCJk?hd=1

Thanks, Scott