From Dave Fisher <>
Subject Re: [MENTORS] Release PR
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 20:38:27 GMT

On Jul 19, 2012, at 12:07 PM, Alex Harui wrote:

> Hi Mentors,
> Some folks in Adobe are wondering how the world will find out about the upcoming Apache
Flex release.  I know there is the mechanics of posting builds on a particular server and
we will update the Apache Flex website, but is there more?  It looks like there is an announcements
mailing list and an all-apache blog.  Who provided the content that goes on there and when
does it go up?  Can Adobe get advanced notice in order to prepare its messaging?

Please review

The Flex PPMC should co-ordinate with Adobe and Apache Public Relations -
(a private list.) Sally Khudairi will be very helpful.

I know of at least one exception to the no announcements during incubation rule on the podling
branding guide.

Discussions and preparation of press releases should occur on flex-private for obvious reasons
- others might mischaracterize.

(Just like the guy from South Korea distributing RC3 from a slow BBS. dev love...)

> Thanks,
> --
> Alex Harui
> Flex SDK Team