From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [MENTORS] Release PR
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 20:38:27 GMT

On Jul 19, 2012, at 12:07 PM, Alex Harui wrote:

> Hi Mentors,
>
> Some folks in Adobe are wondering how the world will find out about the upcoming Apache
Flex release.  I know there is the mechanics of posting builds on a particular server and
we will update the Apache Flex website, but is there more?  It looks like there is an announcements
mailing list and an all-apache blog.  Who provided the content that goes on there and when
does it go up?  Can Adobe get advanced notice in order to prepare its messaging?

Please review http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html

The Flex PPMC should co-ordinate with Adobe and Apache Public Relations - press@apache.org
(a private list.) Sally Khudairi will be very helpful.

I know of at least one exception to the no announcements during incubation rule on the podling
branding guide.

Discussions and preparation of press releases should occur on flex-private for obvious reasons
- others might mischaracterize.

(Just like the guy from South Korea distributing RC3 from a slow BBS. dev love...)

Regards,
Dave