From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Flex 4.8.0 was Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flex 4.8.0
Date Sun, 01 Jul 2012 23:43:30 GMT
Hi,

> Your ant run failed downloading TLF and your compile errors are all realted
> to TLF so I'm trying to determine if it is the same.
Looks like that the case. I was missing the swc from the binary libs directory. I ran a ant
thirdpary-clean follow by a thirdparty-downloads, the FB project needed to be cleaned but
then compiled and worked as expected.

Do you think it might be a good idea to add (for a future release) an ant check third party
target that checks you have all the required downloads (via MD5 hashes?).

> I've been primarily focused on the source kit.  I will try the binary kit if
> you can verify you have textlayout.swc and still have a problem.
While fairly clear I think the instructions for building the binary kit in the readme could
be moved to the top. People may assume that there's nothing that need to be done with the
binary kit and that they can just use it the closer to the top it is the more likely they
are to read it. Perhaps he readme could also reference the IDE packager.

Om we could also extend the packager SDK to check that all the required pieces are in place
for the binary kit and/or download them if they are missing.

I'll change my vote to be a +1 for the release.

Thanks,
Justin