From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: AW: InstallApacheFlex badge installer
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 15:56:12 GMT
I Guess that this would have to be something the tool-builders would have to do. So if this
is a permanent "problem" that will not be resolveable, perhaps the tool builders could introduce
some checks for this.
For example I could immagine that if we were to contact the guys from Jetbrains to adjust
their Flex SDK import tool, they could tell the users what's wrong ... guess the Adobe guys
would have to do something similar.

I think there is no way to get the people to read ... not even if it were possible to have
a file in blinking red colour in any directory listing.

One other option would be to have a really noticable popup to appear when downloading from
the Adobe Flex page. When downloading the archive most people - like me - will simply treat
it's content as complete bundle.

Chris

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Carol Frampton [mailto:cframpto@adobe.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 12. Juli 2012 17:45
An: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: InstallApacheFlex badge installer

On 7/12/12 11 :02AM, "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de"
<christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

>Unfortunatley I stumbled into this pit too Š my bad that it was related
>to me not reading the readme correctly.
>
>Would it be possible to distribute the osmf and textlayout libraries
>similar to the "external³ stuff in the compiler itself? I think we do
>need some sort of FDK that can be used without having to download
>additional stuff and placing this in the FDK.

Unfortunately no.

Remember the official Apache release is source and if you download the source and build it,
it will download the "external stuff" only after you've read their licenses and in the case
of the optional stuff, you've agreed to the licenses.  The binary release is only for convenience
and it is not the official release.  That is why it is bumped down to the binaries subdirectory.

I know nobody reads the docs.  If you have any suggestions on how to get people to realize
there are additional steps I'd like to hear them.

Carol