From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: InstallApacheFlex badge installer - first look
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 20:35:54 GMT

On Jul 16, 2012, at 11:26 AM, Om wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 2:05 AM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> The badge detects the OS and presents the correct version of the app -
>>> InstallApacheFlex.exe or InstallApacheFlex.dmg.
>>
>> The probably know but I'm getting this on OSX:
>> The requested URL /~bigosmallm/Installapacheflex/InstallApacheFlex.dmg was
>> not found on this server.
>>
>> Look like the dmg is missing. Want me to make you one?
>>
>> Also you can directory browse - you may want to turn that off (by adding a
>> index.html file?)
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~bigosmallm/installapacheflex/
>>

> Dang, I knew I was forgetting something.  I have uploaded the .dmg file
> that Alex created last week.  I dont think there are any changes to the
> code after that.
>
> I have removed the install.html and added an index.html.
>
> So, the badge is now available at:
> http://people.apache.org/~bigosmallm/installapacheflex/
>
> And the html snippet would look like this:
> <iframe width="310" height="310" frameborder=0 scrolling="no" src="
> http://people.apache.org/~bigosmallm/installapacheflex/<http://people.apache.org/%7Ebigosmallm/installapacheflex/install.html>
> "></iframe>
>
> Harv,  I am redirecting the originally published url to this new one, so
> your blog looks good as well :-)
>
> Please continue testing.

With my Mentor Hat there are some branding considerations.

(1) No DISCLAIMER - no mention that Apache Flex is an effort undergoing Incubation at the
Apache Software Foundation.

(2) The branding is unclear if this is "Apache SDK Flex 4.8.0" or "Apache Flex SDK 4.8.0"

(3) Adobe is larger than Apache and the Incubator is not mentioned an Incubator logo would
sense.

(4) There needs to be proper trademark attribution to the ASF and others (or Adobe)

The above is true for the badge and also for the installer app.

Regards,
Dave