From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: Build instruction for Apache Flex
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 14:27:14 GMT
On 7/31/2012 12:44 AM, Alex Harui wrote:

> On 7/30/12 7:57 PM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> Flash Builder is giving me the eternally helpful "unknown error" message when
>>> trying to compile a project.
>> Sounds bad - possible running out of memory? Try ant from the command line and
>> see what happens.
>>
> If you are building from trunk, I don't think using Flash Builder is
> supported.  After you run ant, then you can think about using one of the
> repackaging techniques then you can use Flash Builder.

  I was trying to understand what the "repackaging techniques" actually
do; and therefore was trying to go through the steps manually, without
using one of the tools.  I'm sorry if that wasn't clear; I was under the
impression I had stated earlier in the thread I was responding to.

  The same steps I went through w/ RC3 were not working when using the
trunk, which was a surprise to me.  I'll check out the link Om provided
later to see if I can figure out what I did wrong.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur