From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: Suggestion : Adopt a package manager like Ruby Gems for Flex as a first class citizen of the SDK
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 21:40:45 GMT
On 7/10/2012 4:57 PM, Jonathan Campos wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 9:43 AM, Сергей aSt Егоров <bsideup@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> No, Jesus! No!
>>
>> I don't want install ruby when i use flex, it's awful
>>
> Slow down. I think the idea is good though others immediately thought of
> this as a Ruby dependency.

> The idea of Gems is similar to the idea of SWCs. This would mean that there
> would be a utility somewhere (maybe just an AIR app) that goes out and gets
> the SWCs you want along with keeping them up to date. I think this would be
> great for sharing libraries between projects.
  Unless I'm mistaken the original request was to integrate
http://projectsprouts.org/ into the Flex SDK.  And someone else stated
that Project Sprouts has a Ruby Dependency, which seems to be true based
on the web site.  I have strong reservations about adding something into
the Flex SDK that has a dependency to any server side platform.

What you're proposing here is different than the original suggestion,
but I believe in the same spirit.  Anyway, I can probably be sold on the
benefit of such a tool, I'm not sure if such a tool belongs in the Flex
SDK, but I'm not sure.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur