From Sudhir Manjunath <sudh...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: Install 4.8 with flashbuilder
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 15:13:00 GMT
I tried using the tool available at http://people.apache.org/~bigosmallm/installapacheflex/
and faced an issue where I was unable to run flex apps on browsers. This is because, swfobject.js
and expressInstall.swf are missing in the swfobject folder. I have logged a bug https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33145
for the same.

-Sudhir

-----Original Message-----
From: Kenneth Sutherland [mailto:kenneth@kennethsutherland.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 2:46 PM
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Install 4.8 with flashbuilder

Thanks, I did read that, and as it says the tool will be posted once it has
been tested. So that makes me think that at the moment there is no
convenient method of getting the 4.8 release for use in Flashbuilder.

I have just found and tested
http://people.apache.org/~bigosmallm/installapacheflex/ and that works fine
providing you don't try an install it to a protected folder such as
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.6\sdks (default
installation).  Just install it elsewhere and then if you want move it to
the rest of the sdks once the installation is complete.

Cheers