From Gordon Smith <>
Subject RE: What namespace should new components go in?
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 23:55:47 GMT
I think (but I'm not 100% sure about this) that the "library:" is just a convention for a namespace
associated with a SWC. But this convention allows the sole "http:" namespace to stand out
as the language namespace that indicates the use of MXML 2006 vs. MXML 2009, which I think
is nice.

In general, XML namespaces are not expected to map to web pages.

- Gordon

-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Mclean [] On Behalf Of Justin Mclean
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 3:41 PM
Subject: Re: What namespace should new components go in?

> ->
> library:// ->
> library://
> library:// -> library://

Probably better to use ""  rather than "" as once we incubate
we'll have access to "" but not "". While not essential I think it
nice if the URIs map to real web page.

I assume it would be possible to have both namespaces coexisting for a while as it's just
a mapping between uri's and manifest files in flex-config.xml.

BTW any reason the newer namespace have "library:" rather than "http:"?

View raw message