From Gordon Smith <gosm...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: What namespace should new components go in?
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 23:55:47 GMT
I think (but I'm not 100% sure about this) that the "library:" is just a convention for a namespace
associated with a SWC. But this convention allows the sole "http:" namespace to stand out
as the language namespace that indicates the use of MXML 2006 vs. MXML 2009, which I think
is nice.

In general, XML namespaces are not expected to map to web pages.

- Gordon

-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Mclean [mailto:justinmclean@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Justin Mclean
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 3:41 PM
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: What namespace should new components go in?

HI,

> http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009 -> http://ns.apache.com/mxml/2012
> library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark ->
> library://ns.apache.com/flex/spark
> library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx -> library://ns.apache.com/flex/mx

Probably better to use "flex.apache.com/ns"  rather than "ns.apache.com" as once we incubate
we'll have access to "flex.apache.com" but not "apache.com". While not essential I think it
nice if the URIs map to real web page.

I assume it would be possible to have both namespaces coexisting for a while as it's just
a mapping between uri's and manifest files in flex-config.xml.

BTW any reason the newer namespace have "library:" rather than "http:"?

Thanks,
Justin