From Greg Reddin <gred...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MENTOR] distributing the InstallApacheFlex app
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2012 03:22:21 GMT
See below:

Sent from my mobile device.

On Jul 25, 2012, at 4:12 PM, Carol Frampton <cframpto@adobe.com> wrote:

> I have two questions:
> 1.  Are we allowed to have binary code in the Apache repository?

Is the .swf file buildable? Is there a way to build it from source and include the output
in the project build? Could the build of this binary artifact be scripted into the build of
the overall project?

Also is the nature of this artifact such that it is only used for display purposes or is there
functionality built into it? If there is not then I wouldn't have a problem hosing the binary
artifact. If so then it's trickier.

> 2.  Are we allowed to distribute the AIR apps (one for Windows and one for OSX) in our
binaries directory (or sub-directory)?

We'd want to release it in the same way as the release we just did. It would just be a different
artifact. Of course we'd only release the source but it would not be a problem to host the
convenience binary.

That's my best guess anyway. Maybe it doesn't need to be a release but it seems like the right
approach to me.

Greg