From "Kessler CTR Mark J" <mark.kessler....@usmc.mil>
Subject RE: AFI works like a charm, build works fine, getting a runtime error though...
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 12:05:26 GMT
Oh sorry I thought you were discussing the signed Adobe RSLs.

Although I managed to answer my own questions with this link.  Minus what file location the
RSLs will be stored in per domain.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/whitepapers/roadmap.html

Quote:
"
RSLs for Apache-released versions of Flex

Now that Flex is a community-driven project, it is no longer appropriate nor practical for
Adobe to sign the resulting Apache Flex RSLs. This means that when using an Apache Flex release,
framework RSLs will not be cached globally by Flash Player, but rather per domain in the web
browser.
"

Let me not beat a dead horse.
Thanks for the reply

-----Original Message-----
From: Roland Zwaga [mailto:roland@stackandheap.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 7:46
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: AFI works like a charm, build works fine, getting a runtime error though...

Ehm, yes, but the RSLs in my use case are on the filesystem, just regular SWFs, it has nothing
to do with the Adobe signed ones.
The signed RSL issue has already been discussed on the list, and the reality will just be
that signed RSLs will not exist for Apache Flex.

But, like I say, I'm just loading these SWFs from the local file system into an AIR application
and I get verify errors...

>    That could be an issue in the future if that's the case.  Currently the signed Adobe
RSL's get stored in the "Application Data\Adobe\Flash Player\AssetCache" folder and not the
users stock internet cache.  It keeps roughly 20mb of space available for these RSL.  Meaning
it does not need to keep downloading the same RSLs all the time.  It just references the asset
cache.

>    So I can see RSLs being downloaded more often per user, due to cache clearing / auto
size limitation clean up.  Not to mention it's nice to save a couple megs of server bandwidth
per user by having the RSLs pulled from Adobe vs. your hosted server.  I'm assuming Adobe
would not allow signed Apache RSLs to be stored in the players asset cache.